FlashCo’s Customer Service Representative (CSR) plays a crucial role in the company’s success due to the high level of communication and collaboration required with all constituients. FlashCo’s CSR should seek to create a positive experience for our customers by providing high-level customer service and effectively articulating their needs to the team. The necessity for paying attention to detail is of paramount importance and a service-oriented mindset is a must; whether working with customers, or internally with colleagues. Successuful CSR’s will have a strong desire to continuously learn about FlashCo’s products, customers, and the roofing industry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answers all incoming phone calls, regardless of workload.
- Acknowledges emails, and faxes within 15 minutes of receiving.
- Enters, updates and processes sales orders including changes and cancelations within one hour.
- Enters quotes for standard, and standard/custom products with accurate lead times.
- Accurately quotes freight costs on the front end for all quotes and orders.
- Ensures all paperwork / data entry is accurately completed, communicated, and attached according to a procedure on time.
- Provides all necessary information for customer orders including drawings for custom items, shipping exceptions, etc.
- Confirms all orders as well as any changes within an hour. Ensures purchase and sales orders match in terms of addresses, pricing, freight terms, etc.
- Informs customers and sales of changes/delays and offers solutions.
- Communicates every order, and related information including any changes with the Sales and Scheduling teams.
- Understands inventory position, warehouse, and delivery capabilities.
- Discerns when to elevate opportunity to sales.
- Continuously uses our order entry tools making progress and improving efficiencies with automated technology.
- Maintains a great working relationships with coworkers in all areas, ensuring the common goal of customer satisfaction is met.
- Understands customer buying history and makes phone calls and sends emails soliciting business from existing business partners.
- Informs Customer Service Manager of all unsolicited customer feedback and communicates related information.
- Continually updates customer contact information in SAP and/or database management as it relates to the customer.
The preceding reflects management’s expectations of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Accurately enters sales orders including all information for invoicing.
- Maintains professionalism with phone, and email communication.
- Receives a high peer rating.
- Maintains a customer satisfaction rating of four or higher on a 5-point scale.
- Basic computing and standard office equipment such as telephone systems, copiers, etc.
- Basic math skills.
Skills & Abilities
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate. Skilled in the art of listening and maintaining their poise.
- Work in a particularly fast-paced environment while often being interrupted and be okay with it.
- Is actively engaged and participates in meetings and can present on occasion.
- Contributes to “team” culture by remaining actively engaged.
- Maintain and build on a culture of teamwork by reaching out to coworkers, establishing, and encouraging collaborative working relationships.
- Offers different approaches to the same process inspiring innovation and improvement.
- Ability to express a positive can-do attitude in every situation.
- Seeks increased responsibility when other duties are complete and mastered.
- Displays good judgment in decision making by thorough thinking through situations.
- Reacts well and positively under pressure while showing flexibility, courage, and action.
- Inspires respect from others because of actions demonstrated such as stepping up to the plate when the job must get done.
- Settles for nothing short of excellence in all that he/she does.
- Honesty/Integrity. Does not cut corners ethically, always speaking plainly and truthfully.
- Displays commitment to excellence by always wanting to improve.
- Deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Organize, prioritize, and manage time effectively multi-tasking.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bilingual – Spanish/English preferred.
- 2-3 years’ experience preferred.
- Preferred experience with SAP Business One Software.
Much of the work consists of conveying information verbally and in writing and working on a computer while sitting or standing for extended periods. While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to sit, stand, and walk; use a finger, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands; talk and hear; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee occasionally may need to transport himself or herself to another office location in mild to inclement weather. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.