Job Title: Sales and Support Representative
Reports to: Director of Sales
Location: Mt. Prospect, IL
In newly established markets, this position is responsible for supporting and growing sales. Specifically, this is a hybrid role that encompasses FlashCo’s traditional Customer Service Representative and Sales Representative responsibilities. As such, FlashCo’s Sales and Support Representative (SSR) will spend time with customers (contractors and distributors) both in and outside of the office (on the phone and in person). The SSR plays a pivotal role in establishing continuity in new markets; this is key because of the adaptation required to support all aspects of the sale. Collaboration, attention to detail, customer empathy and industry knowledge are paramount for success. FlashCo SSR’s carry out the mission and objectives of the Director of Sales and the Territory Sales Manager to achieve desired outcomes. FlashCo SSR’s represent the company in a professional and ethical manner possessing a high level of integrity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This is a newly created role that will be continuously evaluated and as such, management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Answers the phones as the primary in the queue regardless of the branch, backing up other CSR’s.
- Answers and or distributes faxes, emails etc.
- Enters and processes all aspects of quotes and orders including changes, cancelations etc.
- Communicates every quote, order, and related information including any changes with Plant Manager and Territory Sales Manager.
- Understands inventory position, warehouse and delivery capabilities.
- Ensures all paperwork is accurately completed, communicated, and attached according to procedure in a timely manner.
- Confirms all quotes and orders as well as any changes within an hour. Ensures purchase and sales orders match in terms of addresses, pricing, freight terms etc.
- Informs customers of changes/delays and offers solutions.
- Understands customer buying history and makes phone calls and sends emails soliciting business from existing, and in some cases potential business partners.
- Informs Territory Sales Manager of all customer feedback and communicates related information.
- Calls on existing accounts as directed by Territory Sales Manager and Director of Sales.
- Counts and maintains inventory when appropriate.
- Suggests amounts to order and writes orders up when appropriate.
- Drops off latest pricing, literature, samples, etc. on a regular basis.
- Helps resolve issues and reports all issues to Territory Manager.
- Continually update customer contact information in SAP and/or database management as it relates to customer.
- Maintains and builds relationships with existing accounts and all of their personnel.
- Works account deep and wide…getting to know all employees of a branch. From branch managers and counter personnel to outside sales, accounting and yard personnel.
- Quotes formally and informally when required.
- Provides pricing, product information, lead times etc. as required and as directed by Territory Sales Manager and Director of Sales.
- Provides product knowledge training sessions with our distributors and contractors.
- Makes at least 10 outgoing “origination” phone calls a day.
- Makes at least 45 sales calls per week.
- Called on to make small deliveries to customers from time to time.
- Highly collaborative with FlashCo team…ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Reports virtually all communication, verbal and written, to Territory Sales Manager daily.
- The in and out of the office timing/schedule will be refined over time in collaboration with the Territory Sales Manager and Director of Sales.
- Residential and Commercial Roofing Industry products
- Business and management principles involved in strategic planning and forecasting
- Selling products in various types of markets
- Principles and processes for providing customer and personal services, including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
Skills & Abilities:
- Operates office equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, phone systems and cell phones.
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate. Skilled in the art of listening.
- Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally and in writing to the plant manager, and other team members.
- Is actively engaged and participates in meetings and has the ability to do presentations on occasion.
- Presents numerical data in a manner that is easy to understand skilled at “weeding” out the unnecessary data.
- Maintain and build on culture of teamwork by reaching out to coworkers, establishing and encouraging collaborative working relationships.
- Ability to be innovative by occasionally expressing original and creative thinking through suggestions.
- Offers different approaches to the same process inspiring innovation.
- Ability to express a positive can do attitude in every situation.
- Seeks increased responsibility when other duties are complete and mastered.
- Displays good judgment in decision making by thorough thinking through situations.
- Reacts well and positively under pressure while showing courage and taking action.
- Inspires respect from other because of actions demonstrated such as stepping up to the plate when the job has to get done.
- Settles for nothing short of excellence in all that you do such as accurate and timely reporting.
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Honesty/Integrity. Does not cut corners ethically always speaking plainly and truthfully.
- Deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Organize, prioritize, and manage time effectively multi-tasking.
- Minimum 2 years of Roofing Industry Sales experience.
- Preferred experience with SAP Business One Accounting Software.
Much of the work consists of conveying information verbally and in writing and working on a computer while sitting or standing for extended periods of time. While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to sit, stand, and walk; use finger, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands; talk and hear; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee occasionally may need to transport himself or herself to another office location in mild to inclement weather. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.