Job Title: Territory Sales Manager
Reports to: Director of Sales
Location: Piedmont, SC
This position is primarily responsible for sales growth development, establish quarterly and annual sales objectives and deliver annual sales budget. Carries out the mission and objectives of the Director of Sales and accomplishes desired outcomes. Represents the company in a professional and ethical manner possessing a high level of integrity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Solicits orders from existing and potential customers and strives to fulfill customer’s present and future needs through consultative engagement and solutions selling.
- Ensure Plant Manager, Sales Representative and Customer Service Representatives are efficiently and effectively supported.
- Provide industry best customer service by effectively and efficiently communicating and following up.
- Promptly handles contractor and wholesaler inquiries of all types.
- Develop, manage and review sales forecast with Director of Sales.
- Develop territory, market penetration and sales execution strategies to consistently attain and exceed goals.
- Develops and sustains sales relationships with key customer decision makers.
- Manage all facets of territory including directing efforts of FlashCo Sales Representatives.
- Develops and maintains intelligence on competitors and reports on competitive market activities to all applicable channels within the organization.
- Conduct product presentations to contractors and wholesalers
- Use computer database to maximize sales efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain accurate records; including sales call reports, expense reimbursement forms and other documentation, as required.
- Monitors and evaluates the economic conditions and construction trends in their regions.
- May perform other duties or responsibilities as required.
- Residential and Commercial Roofing Industry products.
- Business and management principles involved in strategic planning and forecasting.
- Selling products in various types of markets.
- Principles and processes for providing customer and personal services, including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Skills & Abilities:
- Operates office equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, phone systems and cell phones.
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate. Skilled in the art of listening.
- Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally and in writing to the branch manager, and other team members.
- Is actively engaged and participates in meetings and has the ability to do presentations on occasion.
- Presents numerical data in a manner that is easy to understand skilled at “weeding” out the unnecessary data.
- Maintain and build on culture of teamwork by reaching out to coworkers, establishing and encouraging collaborative working relationships.
- Ability to be innovative by occasionally expressing original and creative thinking through suggestions.
- Offers different approaches to the same process inspiring innovation.
- Ability to express a positive can do attitude in every situation.
- Seeks increased responsibility when other duties are complete and mastered.
- Displays good judgment in decision making by thorough thinking through situations.
- Reacts well and positively under pressure while showing courage and taking action.
- Inspires respect from other because of actions demonstrated such as stepping up to the plate when the job has to get done.
- Settles for nothing short of excellence in all that you do such as accurate and timely reporting.
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Honesty/Integrity. Does not cut corners ethically always speaking plainly and truthfully.
- Deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Organize, prioritize, and manage time effectively multi-tasking.
- University or College degree
- Minimum 5 years of Roofing Industry Sales experience.
- Preferred experience with SAP Business One Accounting Software
Much of the work consists of conveying information verbally and in writing and working on a computer while sitting or standing for extended periods of time. While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to sit, stand, and walk; use finger, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands; talk and hear; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee occasionally may need to transport himself or herself to another office location in mild to inclement weather. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.